Tuesday 26 October 2010

BEDESO #22 (Early or Late?)

Don't worry, I'll let you get it out of your system. Argue amongst yourselves whether this counts as the next day when I've not slept between the last blog and this one; argue amongst yourselves whether this counts or not. However, it is the opposite side of midnight to when I last blogged. Technically, it is 26th October and I am going to write today's blog.

Today (or tomorrow if that's how you're going to look at it) I'm going to London again. I'm going with school friends to see the recording of Russell Howard's Good News and we're making a day out of it. To be honest, I can't remember exactly what we're doing during the day; I think there's something to do with Tower Bridge and some clock museum on the agenda, but I'm just looking forward to spending (another) day in London with my friends. Once again, I'm sure you'll get an update when it's all over! (I'll try not to forget the camera!)

Since my last blog, I've been attempting to make that dastardly video. Windows makes it so awkward at times! However, Matt C recommended  Sony Vegas so I downloaded a free trial and I've been attempting to work out how to use it! It looks great... but I may have to actually look at the help guide!

If you hadn't noticed, once again, my holidays are full of 'stuff' and I don't think I've got a day just to stop and think! True, I don't have too much homework (although I do have a bit) but I think, next holiday, I'm going to have to plan in time to relax. Possibly...

If you remember, I was planning on doing NaNoWriMo. It's now less than a week until that begins and I'm no closer to finishing my plot. I may have to go in to the month with no plot end and see what happens. Unless someone wants to give me a plot ending?!

Now, I don't know how much notice you take of my other internet outputs but I thought I'd take this disjointed blog to tell you of my other (not so) creative outputs.
- http://dailybooth.com/hannahlikessheepbaa - Where I make a fool of myself in picture form
http://twitter.com/#!/likessheepbaa - Little nuggets of me that aren't good enough to put on here
http://www.formspring.me/hannahlikes where you can ask me ridiculous questions and I will give you some sort of answer

I'm probably a little obsessed with these sites and I'm sure all my facebook friends are fed up with them. Everything links together so conveniently these days so anyone who looks at their feed while I'm online is very likely to be spammed with me-ness.

Now, it's time to sleep, ready for what today/tomorrow will bring so I will leave you with this nugget of QI-ness:

Stephen Fry: Beetle-fanciers, as you probably know, are called—
Bill Bailey: Coleopterists.
Stephen Fry: Very good! Coleopterists. I'll give you five points for that.
Alan Davies: Press him on how the hell he knows that.
Bill Bailey: Well, when I was a child, I—
Stephen Fry: In Alan's world, knowing something is a kind of freakish, weird thing.
Bill Bailey: Welcome to my world of knowing! The wonderful world of looking up things in books!


Current book I’m reading: So Long and Thanks for All the Fish
Last TV show watched: QI XL - Happiness
Current programs/web pages open: Twitter, Dailybooth, Blogger - Edit Posts, Windows Live Mail, iPlayer, Sticky Notes, MSN, 
Number of people I’m talking to on msn/Facebook: 1

3 comments:

  1. so you're trying Vegas...

    it feels good to be the one doing the influencing for once, instead of being the one getting influenced! B]

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I might need some advice on how to use it tho! I keep finding all the clever things it does but can't find the simple things like how to turn down the volume on just one video track... help?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. grab the top edge of an audio object on the timeline, and pull it downwards. you should see the waveform shrinking, and a little tooltip telling you how many dBs you've reduced it by.

    :)

    ReplyDelete