Friday 12 August 2011

So… what to do when life gives you lemons?


With the title being the next question, all I can say is, "When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade!" This being a quote from the highly regarded computer game, Portal 2. (Funnily enough, it's the sequel to Portal!)

Now, I would launch into how awesome this game is, how it tests your logic rather than just getting you to point and shoot, tests your reactions and captures you in a great story arc however seen as I still haven't completely finished the game, I don't quite feel qualified.

Right, before any of you who have played Portal and/or Portal 2 start telling me off for taking so long:

1. I didn't order the game until after exams had ended
2. I haven't been playing it non-stop
3. I haven't played it since I got to a point where I was having a bit of difficulty, stopped to think about it and never really got back to it because I got distracted by rereading of The Hunger Games, playing of other games, visiting friends, and being away last week.

I really want to finish it and maybe I'll find out more about Cave Johnson and most likely realise I was really close to the end when I stopped playing but for now I will leave you with this: Valve make awesome games.

DFTBA

Sorry, the stats haven't really changed since last blog, I haven't done anything much in the past 10 minutes or so!

Twenty Questions status: 7 down, 13 to go
programs open: Steam chat, sticky notes, chrome (blogger in draft: new post)
Latest music listened to: One of the songs off Chameleon Circuit's "Still got legs". 'Although I can't remember which track
Last film/tv watched: BBC 10 O'clock News. Although I have to admit not the whole thing
Latest book read: If you could see me now
Latest edible item consumed: I had a glass of milk before I came up to bed.
Predominant colour of clothes wearing: Grey/White
Days until Roothill: 8

2 comments:

  1. i've finished the single-player campaign, but haven't started the multi-player. liked it for basically the same reasons you said above. won't spoil the ending for you; suffice to say i thought it was a good one in a very odd, Portally way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funnily enough, I've actually started the multi-player. Can't remember how far Josh and I got through though....

    ReplyDelete