Wednesday 17 August 2011

Preparing for the hate mail...


I know so many will hate my answer for this one. However, in the words of Charlie McDonnell: "The people that mind don't matter and the people that matter don't mind."

What’s the most overrated book out there?

Harry Potter. Yes, there, I said it: Harry Potter. Now, just to clarify, I'm not saying Harry Potter is the worst book out there, that's not the question. I'm sure it must have some good points that I'm missing and not appreciating but I do think that Harry Potter is overrated.

Even as an 11 year old, I never got into Harry Potter, the world never captured me and that was odd considering I was the biggest bookaholic you could have found. (Well, maybe I exaggerate... but my point stands.) For all the fuss made of Harry Potter, what I've read isn't as well written as I'd expect, the plot isn't as compelling and, well, I just don't see what the fuss is about. Sure, it's not a really bad book, I'd even go as far as saying it's a good book but does it warrant all the fuss and hype that it has? In my opinion: no.

So I shall leave you with my favourite four words of the first book: “Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!” (and you know what, even these annoy me a bit...)

Twenty Questions status: 17 down, 3 to go! Neck and neck!
programs open: Skype, Steam Chat, Sticky notes, Windows Live Mail, Windows Movie Maker, Chrome (YouTube, blogger in draft: new post, facebook, a tangent relating to google homepage...)
Latest music listened to: I Love Brains - ALL CAPS (Although I have You're Not There by EddPlant running round my head trying to persuade me that it instead was the last thing I listened to)
Last film/tv watched: The Doctor's Wife
Latest book read: Alice in Time
Latest edible item consumed: Crunch Cake
Predominant colour of clothes wearing: Black/blue
Days until Roothill: 3

1 comment: