Wednesday 10 August 2011

Did you have to ask?


The next question, I really don't know why Matt had to ask this, surely the answer is obvious? Beethoven or Bieber?

Beethoven hands down. Even if you're talking about the dog! I have to admit, that I'm not generally the sort of person who listens to Beethoven in the car or chooses classic FM. Generally the playing of Beethoven's music is reserved for when I get my flute out but any day I'd choose Beethoven over Bieber. 

Now, my music theory knowledge is a bit sparse (I only just got the pass mark in grade 5 music theory!) but Beethoven has so many positives making his music sound so much better. Plus, there is something magical about listening to a complete orchestra playing together in harmony, something beautiful. When you think about Bieber in comparison, the pop-y music with limited chords just doesn't really match up.

Bieber also has the disadvantage of lyrics. I don't like the lyrics of most pop songs, but when they're sung by someone younger than me, they loose any sort of meaning they had. Also, I can't take seriously any artist who uses "like" in the wrong way so many times in one chorus:

And I was like...


Baby, baby, baby oooh
Like baby, baby, baby nooo
Like baby, baby, baby oooh
I thought you'd always be mine (mine)


Baby, baby, baby oooh
Like baby, baby, baby nooo
Like baby, baby, baby oooh
I thought you'd always be mine (mine)

Do I need to explain my answer of "Beethoven" any more?

Twenty Questions status: 5 down 15 to go!
programs open: Steam, Sticky Notes, Windows Live mail, Chrome (Blogger in draft: new post, Justin Bieber Lyrics.... iPlayer)
Latest music listened to: Something on my DFTBA playlist on the way to the allotment...
Last film/tv watched: A documentary about a girl with a sleeping disorder which means she ends up sleeping for up to two weeks.
Latest book read: If you could see me now
Latest edible item consumed: Oooh, I finished off with crunch cake again!
Predominant colour of clothes wearing: Grey/white, once again in my pjs :)
Days until Roothill: 10

1 comment:

  1. i asked because it would have felt cruel making *all* the questions really awkward. had to have at least one or two ridiculously easy ones. and it's always fun reading stuff where pop stars get cut down to size.

    ReplyDelete