Tuesday 16 August 2011

Home is where the heart is

I've got to the point in twenty questions where I've realised that I've got to the point where the questions I've left are gradually getting harder and requiring more thought to answer.... So seen as I've only got four days left I better get thinking!!

What would your dream house be like?


When I was younger, I used to tell my parents that when I grew up that I would live in the family house and I'd build them a 'granny annex' at the bottom of the garden. I told them I never wanted to move out. So, I guess, my dream house wouldn't be much different to that which I live in now.

Now, where I live now isn't a grand mansion or anything like that before you jump to any conclusions. However, I think a dream house is more than having a gigantic garden, lots of big bedrooms, beautiful architecture and a fashionable interior. My dream house is much more to do with a house that feels like a home.  Sure, enough rooms for everyone to have their own area to escape to and a big enough garden for me to attempt to grow a few plants (at least tomatoes!) and for kids to play in (must be room for swings!) and a large enough kitchen for cooking to not be a squeeze but too big of a kitchen and you feel lost, too big of a garden and it will end up looking messy and too many rooms will lead to empty rooms, losing that cosy, homely feel.

However, one thing my house is missing is a studio. If I had my way and if this house ever truly became mine, the one thing I would do to it would be to add an art studio come music studio. Somewhere where I can splash paint around at one end to my heart's content without having to worry about clearing up because it makes the place look 'arty' and the other end (possibly divided by sliding doors) made into a music studio with recording capabilities, a piano (even though I can't play) and a collection of musical instruments because I'd hope that any kids I had would at least try to learn an instrument.

As you can tell, a dream house isn't just a house, it's a home. Full of family making it cosy and full of - however cheesy this may sound - love.

DFTBA

Twenty Questions status: 13 down, 7 to go
programs open: steam chat, sticky notes, windows live mail, chrome (blogger in draft: new post, bbc iplayer [I have an episode of Miranda tabbed to watch, similarly "The Doctor's Wife" and I've just finished watching Bang goes the Theory so that tab is still open too], YouTube
Latest music listened to: EddPlant - You're Not There (Reliving Saturday evening!)
Last film/tv watched: Bang Goes the Theory (first episode of new series!)
Latest book read: Alice in Time
Latest edible item consumed: An Apple (I really like Discovery apples and could eat them for England. I'm making the most of there being lots of them in our house atm!)
Predominant colour of clothes wearing: Still blue.
Days until Roothill: 4 (3 in less than 10 minutes...)

1 comment:

  1. lack of studio space is a problem over here too. i usually borrow the kitchen table for painting on, but it's not permanent, so it isn't the same thing.

    ReplyDelete