Thursday 26 January 2012

Happy Birthday [Insert name here]

On Saturday, it was the 21st January and yours truly reached the age of 19. The last year of being a teenager is upon me and I feel absolutely no different. Not surprising really but seen as at 19 nothing particularly exciting happens such as driving or anything becoming legal or anything like that, I shall tell you about my Saturday.


For my birthday, I went pottery painting and for a meal with a few of my friends who were around. I say a few but I was pleasantly surprised how many were able to come what with half my friends now being at university. I had a great day and it most certainly went by WAY too quickly.

Our pottery painting included a lot of fantasy, sci-fi and just general nerdiness as you can tell:


This is the inside of Jennie's mug that she painted. I'm still not quite sure how she managed it considering it was one of those tall thing mugs rather than a chunky one.

I kept on with the TARDIS theme, breaking away from the heavy sheep theme of my previous pottery painting trips....



 However, not completely... Still some sheep and still some plagiarism... sort of ;) I'd say it falls under "fair usage". I also got everyone to sign the back of my plate just to make it that little bit more special :)


 And of course I can't end this blog without introducing you to my parents. Here you have my mum and dad. Note how my mum has part of my sister's pudding in her left hand and is attacking my dad's with a spoon in her right hand. Maybe someday my mum will get her own pudding rather than nicking everyone else's!!



Live long and keep blogging =]

2 comments:

  1. belated happy birthday for saturday. just wait - next year you'll be in your 20s! ...but i can tell you in advance that that won't feel any different either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You don't really feel different when you are a year older, you need to look at the broader range of years and see how much you have changed in something like 10 years.

    I was mostly the same during my Teenage years. I did not really make friends because I find most new people intimidating and that may be part of a learning difficulty that I have and it was not until I was 15 that people discovered that I have it - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asperger_syndrome

    To be honest I hit Old Age at about 13 years old.

    ReplyDelete