Thursday 5 January 2012

Birthday Bounce

It has got to the time of year where I start getting excited about my birthday. Christmas and New Year have been and gone and it is officially less that three weeks until my birthday. That day dedicated just to me (and however many other people dare to have their birthday on the same day) and I get to demand to be given things.

However, this year I can't really think of anything in particular I want. It's either way too expensive to legitimately ask one person to buy it for me (unless someone really does want to buy me a nice android tablet?), too big physically for me to get it back to university on the train (anyone want to help me get a minifridge on the tube along with all my usual luggage for a weekend home?) or someone has already "bagsied" getting that for me for my birthday (The Fault in Our Stars by John Green). Nevertheless, I think the one thing I do want for my birthday that is potentially achievable you cannot put a price on - seeing my friends.

Ok, so considering how this year people are even more scattered and it's a bit too close to my birthday to be organising anything large scale, I doubt last year will be topped however seeing my friends is probably one of the best birthday presents I could have considering so many of them are so far away when I'm at university. I don't care if we're sitting in a field shivering from the cold (OK, maybe I do) but it is always the simplest pleasures that please me the most.

So, I better get organising hadn't I?

Live long and keep posting =]


 STATS
"First 12 for '12" Status: 3 down, 9 to go
Latest book read: Bible/Inheritance
Latest film/TV watched: Young James Herriot
Latest music listened to: Hang on to You - Delerious
Latest edible item eaten/drunk: still that ice-cream...
Predominant colour of current clothing: Blue. As usual
Programs and web pages currently open: Chrome - HanNav v1.0, blogger - Windows Media Player, Windows Live Mail, Sticky Notes, Steam

3 comments:

  1. I did not go to your dance last year but looking at that photo has made me miss not going to it. Well that's what happens when your friends live over 200 miles away and train tickets cost sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In can't think of anything to say, but I've got to post a comment, so erm... This is such a well written post that I can't think of anything to say.

    ReplyDelete
  3. shivering is bad. very bad. a get-together with frozen-to-death friends is probably not that great, so i'd say try to keep the shivering to a minimum 8p

    ReplyDelete