Tuesday 28 September 2010

If I had a TARDIS I would…


• Go ask my friends the times when they were alone and needed a hug and go back to give them a hug.

• Watch a genuine Shakespeare play at the globe.

• Visit Earth in 100 years and then 1000 years, just to compare.

• Visit Raxacoricofallapatorius … and Clom.

• Tell 15 year old me that I can survive without a boyfriend.

• See how they built Stonehenge

• Watch the beginning of the world.

• Show the writers of Doctor Who!

• Take my old mechanics class on that trip I mentioned in my fan-fiction…

• See if Busted were right about the year 3000

• Find out if I ever get married

• Watch my parents’ wedding

• Sit and listen to the sermon on the mount

• Visit CS Lewis

• Visit a parallel universe

• Sleep whilst flying through the time vortex so as to not waste any ‘real’ time.

• Make it possible to be in two places at once

• Listen in on Spurgeon

• Learn how to fix the Chameleon Circuit so I can finish the sentence!

• Visit the places that I don’t have the time or money to go to now.

• Go to VidCon

• Find the place which sells actual sonic screwdrivers and buy one

• Watch the big Bible events like the parting of the Red Sea, the fall of Jericho, David and Goliath, the flood, the feeding of the 5000.

• Set a ‘trap’ to meet the Doctor.

• Check the weather to make it easier to make long-term plans

• Find a way to visit old Gallifrey.

• Worry intensely about creating multiple paradoxes and the theological implications of owning a TARDIS!

4 comments:

  1. * Raxacoricofallapatorius? Of all the planets you could have picked? New Earth, Pete's World, Oodsphere (post-Series 4, obviously), Sontar, Messaline, The Library (okay, maybe not that one), San Helios (pre-Planet of the Dead) Mars... Raxa? Hmm.

    * If you find out about getting married, that'll really spoil the surprise, won't it?

    * You don't need to find a place that sells sonic screwdrivers. If you had a TARDIS, the ship's console would generate a new screwdriver for you when necessary (a la The Eleventh Hour).

    * General point: so much for not crossing your own timeline...

    * Finished whingeing and nitpicking now :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. things I'd do with a TARDIS:

    * go and visit friends without having to make a massive train journey. would do that one a lot. would probably end up annoying them by materialising in what used to be their garden shed a few times too often.

    * avoid mondays

    * find a way of parking at 7:59 in the morning and staying there for at least two hours so i don't have to get up until i feel like it

    * fix the chameleon circuit then materialise inside a white goods shop, just to see the look on the staff and customers' faces when i climb out of what now looks like a dishwasher

    * if i get bored, keep setting fire to the ship's interior until it regenerates into a design i like (judging by End of Time / 11th Hour you can actually do that sort of thing)

    ReplyDelete
  3. *Raxacoricofallapatorius was more just so I could say I'd been there =) Not necessarily because I'd enjoy it!
    *I know the TARDIS might generate me one but I might not like the design. Hence the shop!
    *I don't want to know who I marry, just if. Doesn't spoil the surprise quite so much!
    *And re: crossing my own timeline... yeah, not sure how I'd work that one out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. * well, if you do go to Raxa, remember your gas mask and odour neutraliser... 8p

    * if you don't like your screwdriver, do what the doctor does - blow it up, and ask the TARDIS for another one. repeat until you get a screwdriver you like. it's cheaper, and you also get to play with fire! that's a win-win situation if ever i saw one.

    ReplyDelete