Tuesday 17 November 2009

"You have one new message..."

Don’t you just love it when you get an actual, proper email? Not a reminder that so-and-so has put up a new vlog, or that a band has ‘got a new single out now so go and download it’; an actual, electronic letter from a real person you know. What’s even better is when that electronic letter is the only email in your inbox. You don’t have to go through deleting spam mail to find this gem but instead it’s waiting there patiently for you when you open your inbox.


After school today I got home, logged on to the computer and opened my inbox to find a solitary email waiting for me. The fact that there was only one was a shock in itself, but for it to also be from a real person just made my day! A nugget of niceness from a friend rather than an inbox full of Facebook comments from people I don’t know, just because I “like”-ed a particular post or status.


Unfortunately, my bubble of joy has been burst in the past five minutes. Firstly, I received an email from Facebook with a friend’s reply to one of my comments. OK, that’s not too bad. It’s from a real person, even if it is delivered second hand through the medium of Facebook. Nevertheless, this was quickly followed by an email from “Minekey” informing me:

Aziz wants to know if you agree with this:

"The difference between the impossible and the possible lies in a man's determination."

87% users agreed to it, 108 comments so far!

Do you Agree / Disagree?

Join the conversation on Minekey.

Fine, one piece of junk: I can handle that. Until less than a minute later:


The new Swedish dance-pop sensation - Agnes‏


At just 21 years old Agnes Carlsson is set to have the music world at her feet. The talented Swede has the voice to match her stunning good looks and following on from her top 3 summer-time smash hit, Release Me, Agnes is all set to cause a further storm in the charts with new single I Need You Now and album, Dance Love Pop.


I Need You Now is sure to be the dance-pop hit of the season, subtle synths and violin strings provide the musical canvas for Agnes’s soaring vocals and heart-felt lyrics.


Agnes may have found fame as the first female winner of the Swedish version of Pop Idol but she has gone on to prove that she’s more than just a pretty face off the reality TV conveyor belt. On Dance Love Pop Agnes has co-wrote several of her songs and has a clear sense of what she wants to achieve with the album; “Artistically the goal is always to evolve on all levels – vocally, the song writing and the on stage show are all important for me.”

If you stopped reading half way through that, I don’t blame you. I’ve never heard of ‘Agnes’ before and being English and not Swedish, I’ve never even heard of the Swedish version of Pop Idol. In fact, to be totally honest, I’ve never even watched the English version!

I get thoroughly fed up with all these emails. Yes I want updates on new stuff out, but surely I never signed up to receive newsletters about Swedish Pop Idol winners? Maybe someday I’ll get round to unsubscribing to all these pointless emails!

2 comments:

  1. wheeere is the link to the new Dr Who adverrrrt??
    I can't find it! You know im bliiind! Hellllpp meeee hannah, i cant fiiind ittt!!
    *I hope i accurately typed in my moany voice:) *

    ReplyDelete
  2. HANNAH can you please forward this comment to terrie? Ive been trying to comment her blogs but IT WONT LET ME without an online account of some sort - i tried lying to it, but the computer knows im fibbing :(
    I told it i have a google account - needless to say, it didn't work... (even though i still said it to clarify...)
    Could you leave terrie this comment on behalf of ME ? thankyooouuu :)

    "oooh ... Im gunna have a second try at leaving a comment... you will soon find out if i was successful or not...
    WOW im mentioned in your blog ^^ Im famous! My name is engraved on the internet! :D
    THE GREEN GENE HAS EVADED EVOLUTION
    I WILL NEVER GET OVER THE FACT THAT RABBITS SHOULD BE GREEEEEEN!!
    Maryam
    xxxxx
    btw or PS Im glad you type your blogs - less chance of your Bs falling over :) i should say its impossible, but hey - you are the only exception and tbh I wouldn't be surprised if you managed it :)
    PPs or btw again, I USED SLANG SUCCESSFULLY IN THIS COMMENT!!!!!"

    ReplyDelete