Monday 2 November 2009

My Eureka Moments


I love my baths. Especially when you get them just the right temperature, (not too warm, not too cold,) and when you have just the right amount of water. But why do you always come up with the best ideas in the most inappropriate places?!
One story goes that Archimedes stepped into a bath and realized that the water level rose meaning he could precisely calculate the volume of an irregular object from the water displaced. Apparently, he shouted "Eureka!" and was so keen to share his discovery that he leapt out of his bathtub and ran through the streets of Syracuse naked.
Just like Archimedes, I'm always coming up with my best ideas (well, I think they're my best ideas...) when I'm having a nice soak in the tub. However, unlike Archimedes, I'm not the biggest fan of running the streets naked, or even getting back out of the bath for that matter! So what do I do with these 'brilliant' ideas? Paper is no good because it will just go all soggy when I go to grab it with my wet hands and the pen would probably just turn the water a funny shade of blue anyway! A laptop or mobile is no good either; knowing my butter fingers, I'd drop them in the water (and I'm not planning to test what happens when electricity and water mix!)
Although, I guess there could be one solution...  Bath Crayons!!!

Hawkins Bazaar sells:
"Pack of six 9cm crayons which can safely be used to scribble on baths, tiles etc. Produce works of art, write messages or play games! The crayon slides into its plastic case for clean storage. They easily wash off all surfaces. Clean creative fun!"
I haven't actually bought any, but surely this is the only solution to my Eureka moments. How else can I remember my 'fantastic' idea long enough so that I can write them down when I'm clean and dry?! Maybe this will have to be my next purchase... maybe...

No comments:

Post a Comment