Thursday 24 December 2009

Scrapbook of My Life

Today, two of my friends came round my house to deliver THE best Christmas present ever. Nestled in a plastic bag was a scrapbook. Not an empty scrapbook, mind you; the pages are full of pictures and text relating to the various things that I get obsessive about and talk about way too much!


From the turn of the first page, I was in hysterics: capturing two of my obsessions, Terrie and Maryam had placed a Rubik’s cube on the cover of Twilight. Following this was a montage of all my other obsessions. From everything Doctor Who related to my many sheep rhymes. From Twilight to my ability to merge David Tennant, Carlisle and Rubik’s cubes!

Many of the pages are filled with quotes from Twilight, Doctor Who and my favourite YouTube songs. It must have taken Terrie and Maryam so long to find them all! Additionally, not a single one of my favourite quotes are missing.
 Admittedly, I did get a number of texts from Maryam asking “Whats ur Fave lyrics out of hey Kristina by luke conard?” and “Is there anything in particular u like about the vlogbrothers...?” However, they also included others that they knew I liked simply due to my persistent mentioning of them! Although, we’re still not convinced on the wording of “This is my Timey Wimey Detector. It goes ‘Ding’ when there’s stuff. Also it can boil an egg at 30 pages. Whether you want it to or not actually – so I’ve leart to stay away from hens – it’s not pretty when they blow!”


If I was asked to pick a favourite page, I would have to say I couldn’t. Each page represents a different one of my crazes and almost completely sums up my life. According to Terrie, if/when I get a new boyfriend, I am to give him this scrapbook and tell him to learn it! I’m not sure that learning this off by heart will give any guy a total insight to my life but I would definitely be impressed if they started quoting Doctor Who, YouTube and Twilight as much as I do!

Apparently, I’m meant to continue filling the scrapbook. There are a number of blank pages left and I am meant to continue documenting my fads and phases throughout the coming years. I already have a number of ideas so I better get cracking...

No comments:

Post a Comment