Tuesday 22 December 2009

Non-tleep Rhymes

One lunch time, I got very bored and my friend had free texts. This resulted in me condensing my randomness into rhyme-sized chunks and texting them to some friends. Somehow, this caught on and it has become a regular occurrence for me to text many of my friends with weird rhymes whenever I have a supply of free texts.
You’re probably wondering about the name: non-tleep rhymes. They were originally tleep rhymes: Rhymes because they were often based on things like “Hickory Dickory Dock” or “Row, Row, Row your Boat” and tleep based on trock. Trock is Time Lord Rock: songs based on the TV series Doctor Who. My rhymes often involved sheep and doctor who so I combined the two. Teep sounds funny and tsheep is just unpronounceable, meaning I settled with tleep. For some reason (I can’t think why!) one of my friends who is a fellow Doctor Who fanatic, felt that calling them tleep rhymes was unfair on the music genre of trock and the TV series as a whole. Therefore, the ‘non’ was placed in front to ‘keep Terrie happy’.

In response to my previous post, I thought I would post my non-tleep rhymes, just to show you what Jemma was inflicted with to cause her to give me such an amazing Christmas present!


I like sheep,
Sheep like me,
I will have one for my tea;
With a little bit of gravy and a potato too,
I like sheep and I like you!

 
Sheep are white,
Sheep are brown,

I can see them in the town.
The ones in France are green and pink.
But never put one down the sink.


1, 2, 3, 4, 5,
Once I caught a sheep alive.
6, 7, 8, 9, 10,
Then I let it baa again.
Why did it baa before?
Because a cat sat on a door.
Why did the cat sit there?
Because an elephant was on the chair!


Baa, Baa, Baa the sheep,
trotting round the field.
Flipity flopity, clipity clop;
Life is not a cow.

 
Three blind sheep,
Three blind sheep.
See how they baa,
See how they baa.
They all went off to France together;
They had their lunch with a goat called Heather;
They didn't see an elephant, however,
They do like cheese.


Twinkle, Twinkle little sheep,
Candyfloss is not as sweet.
Up above the seagulls glow.

Tinky Winky, Dipsy, Po.
Twinkle, twinkle little sheep,
Candyfloss is much too sweet.


[And then Maryam's version!]


Twinkle, Twinkle little sheep,
How I wonder where you sleep.

Up above the cows so high,
Like a sheepy in the sky.
Twinkle, twinkle little sheep,
How I wonder where you sleeeeep!



Baa, Baa, candy sheep,
Have you any tea?
Yes anonymous person, I have some free.
Give some to The Doctor,
And lots to me,
and one cup to the policeman, living by the sea!




There were sheep in my bed and The Doctor said:
Sonic Screwdriver, Setting 14.
There were sheep in my bed and Capt'n Jack said:
I've a banana, you'll do shelves.
There were sheep in my bed and Donna said:
You know you can fix that chameleon circuit if you just try hotwiring the fragment links and superseding the binary binary binary binary binary binary binary binary binary binary binary binary binary binary binary
*gasps*

 
Ring-a-ring of Tardii,
A pocket full of sonic.
Binary... Binary...
We all love sheep!

 
The sheep on the bus go baa and quack,
bleat and moo, oink and snif.

The sheep on the bus go baa then bleat,
All day long!

 
Hickory-dickory-dock,
A sheep lives in my sock.
I at a bun;
Go up not down.
Higgledy-piggledy-pop.

 
Jack and Jill, went up the hill,
To fetch a very large sheepie.
Jack fell down,
There materialised a clown,
And Jill fed the sheep some sherbert.

 
(Jemma's extra special birthday rhyme!)


How much is that sheepie in the window?
The one with the candyfloss tail.
How much is that sheepie in the window?
I do hope that sheep is for sale.

I'll give it to Jemma for her birthday,
The one with a 'J' not a 'G'.
I hope she'll go 'hip-hip' and 'hooray'!
But I've just got 35p...

 
There was a sheepie called fred
he's blue and lives under your bed
Rose said 'ok'
now smile away :)
but the Doctor's just banged his head.

 
A man and a dog went 'baa'
cheese fell down from a star.
The Doctor and me,
went out for some tea,
and you came too: hoorah!

 
There was a sheep called Claire,
Her anglerfish has no hair.
The Doctor needs a friend,
Tennant’s coming to an end,
And he doesn’t like the taste of pear.

 
The wheels on the bus go round and round,
I’m about 7 feet above the ground.
I wish the Doctor were here with his thing that should spin,
I should be revising ‘cos I don’t know anything.
The chavs at the back are playing their music ‘well loud’,
The moon is hidden by a big cloud.
Matalan was busy and the bus was late.
Just give me Charlie or Alex or Liam on a plate!



No comments:

Post a Comment