Tuesday 8 December 2009

He’s cute, but he’s no David Tennant!

Like any other teenage girl, I am guilty of helping with the creation of celebrity 'hot' lists. Almost every girl has had some sort of crush on either a celeb or a character they play at some point. Obviously, I am no exception!

One maths lesson, one such hot list was being created and I happened to mention that I thought David Tennant was 'eye candy'. My friends were shocked at this suggestion and had never heard that expression before, let alone thought that themselves! Nevertheless, they had this idea milling around their minds, reorganising their opinions on David Tennant's looks. This process has now been fully developed and any rating system is relative to Tennant himself!

Last week, the phrase 'He's cute, but he's no David Tennant' was coined. After my trip to Birmingham, Gareth Malone's looks were discussed and it was proposed that he could be a young David Tennant look-alike. Most people agreed that the two looked very similar. However, one friend insisted that Gareth Malone would never be able to replace David Tennant!

This year, I have had the official Doctor Who calendar pinned up on the wall. Although not every month has a photograph of David Tennant as the doctor, this month, he is there. Ironically, in this photo, he looks a lot like Gareth Malone. Normally, I'd say that Malone looks like Tennant but, for some reason, this picture looks the other way around... Nevertheless, I'm not complaining!

No comments:

Post a Comment