Wednesday 13 January 2010

♫ Sing a song of Sixpence ♫

It’s a pain when you get a song stuck in your head and not knowing what the song is makes it even worse.

I tend to find that the song playing on the radio as I get off the bus is the one on constant repeat for the morning and today was no different. As I sat through chemistry, the same song went round and round my head but I had no idea what it was! I knew I’d heard it before and that it was probably on my mp3 so I finally ended up searching through my mp3 for said song. Considering I have almost 1000 songs on my mp3, that wasn’t exactly the easiest task. Narrowing the list down to songs on “Now” albums, I finally found the song to be “The Importance of Being Idle”: The relief of knowing what song had been stuck on my internal jukebox! (Phrase borrowed off Terrie :])

This discovery left me listening to music from Now 62 that I hadn’t heard in ages. It is great re-discovering music you used to listen to constantly. It’s also really bizarre how you seem to still know half the words!

Usually I listen to a select list of music on a relatively short playlist. However, on the bus journey home today, I decided to have my mp3 on shuffle for all 916 songs. Some of the music that came up reminded me of my old favourite tracks ‘back in the old days’ where these things called CDs were still all the rage. I also came across a number of tracks that I don’t remember adding at all. I think I’ve got a bit over excited about discovering free and legal music and just end up downloading anything I get sent! Maybe I should go through my music to make sure I’ve actually listened to it all... someday...

Having all these songs also meant that while sitting on the bus I swiftly went from one genre to another. My jumps may not be as impressive as Terrie’s from Ozzy Osborne to S Club 7 but I’m pretty sure I’m not far off. I have almost everything from nerdy Trock tracks to dance anthems; sad ballads to heavy metal; Christian Pop to Doctor Who audio books; Christmas songs to endless Coldplay and Snow Patrol tracks. Maybe I should ditch my current playlist of nerdy YouTube songs...


“DFTBA, Terrie, I have not forgot”

No comments:

Post a Comment