Tuesday 26 January 2010

"Beep" "Beep"

I’ve recently finished reading a book called “Perfect Chemistry” and (as you might guess) the plot involves two teens falling in love due to being paired together in chemistry. It’s a pretty good book that any hopeless romantic would love However, I mention it because of a rather small detail; the school where it is set has music between periods rather than two high pitch – and frankly annoying – beeps. I think this is an awesome idea and would love for this to be implemented in my school.

I was talking to one of my friends about this (in chemistry, ironically) and she agreed that music instead of pips would be a brilliant idea. Obviously, disputes over which songs to use would be unavoidable but maybe a new tune each week, or even day, could minimise that. One day our lesson could end with a few mellow chords from Coldplay’s “Postcards from far away” while another day could be divided up by excerpts from “Grease!” songs.

I love music and I don’t think I could survive a whole day without some sort of music. I’m nearly always listening to my mp3 and I love discovering new songs and rediscovering old songs. I think it would be great if each day a different person could share their personal playlist.

If I could choose my ‘pips’ for the day, I would have a short section of Trock. I think a line from Gallifreyan History 101 by Chameleon Circuit would be great. The line goes:

“This is Gallifreyan History 101 so please make sure you’re in the right class.”


On a little side note, while I was drafting this in my little notebook during sup-study (yes, I know, I should have been doing homework but I’d finished all my history notes...) Alex decided to doodle on the opposite page. I said I’d put it in my blog so here it is:



 Alex is awesome as is Charlieissocoollike who is said Charlie in the doodle. Oh, and his latest video contains those little mushroom things. (Yes, they’re from some random video game that I don’t know but I don’t play many video games so leave me alone!)

(yes, I realise I've mentioned Charlie in my last two blogs. I like his vlogs. Deal with it.)


DFTBA, Terrie, I have not forgotten.



No comments:

Post a Comment