Monday 11 January 2010

The Challenge

Today I got back from my flute lesson to discover that, instead of revising, my friend Terrie had devised a list of blog titles for me to use. Along with this list came an explanation of what this list of titles was for and what I should do with them all.

Apparently, I have been set a challenge to write a blog for each of these titles with some rules attached. The first of these rules is that I must write one of these blogs at least once every ten days. Apparently I have oodles of free time and regular blogging will not seriously affect my busy schedule of school, attending and helping at various clubs and internet-ing. Also, my social life will apparently be left unharmed.

The next rule is that, the blog cannot be in direct relation to the title. Instead it must be skilfully used. This is like saying “you must paint a picture in blue, but you’re not allowed to use blue paint.” Nevertheless, I will get round this. Going back to my example, I will use aqua paint instead.

The following rule is probably the easiest: a 300 word minimum. This will only be a problem if I have totally run out of time and inspiration!

Next, a reason behind the title must be included. This is much easier said than done but I will jump that hurdle when I come to it...

All of these blogs must also have the label “DFTBA Terrie” Additionally, any personal blogs that I do in-between these “challenge” blogs must end in the line “DFTBA, Terrie, I have not forgotten”.

Also, I must do all this with no more than two spelling mistakes. This is virtually impossible! Thank goodness for the wonders of spell-checks...

There are reasons for these rules: Terrie gets to ‘judge’ my blogs and if she deems them a fail or I break any of these rules I will receive a punishment. I’m not too sure what this ‘punishment’ will entail. Whether it will be something internet based like writing an extra blog or creating a vlog, or something IRL based like carrying Terrie’s books around school all day I have no idea. Nevertheless, there is a plus side. I can get bonus prizes for ‘ingenious’ uses of quotes or pictures and if Terrie does not read my blog or notice any of my mistakes within two days of me posting the blog, I get to punish her! I hope Terrie is ready to get checking my blog page regularly because I am ready with punishment idea....

DFTBA

No comments:

Post a Comment