Friday 1 January 2010

New Year's Resolutions

Happy New Year!

As you can tell by the fact that I’m blogging, New Year isn’t really something my family make a great deal of fuss about. We don’t tend to stay up late specifically to see the New Year in and I rarely make New Year’s resolutions. Even if I do I tend to forget them, break them within a week, or make them so easy to keep it wasn’t really worth setting them in the first place!

However, this year, I thought I’d set myself a few New Year’s Resolutions and put them up here. The thing is: what sort of resolutions should I set myself? I could set some really serious ones or I could just set them really easy but that wouldn’t be much of a challenge. I guess I should make resolutions about the most important things in my life: My Christian life; my family; my friends; and my future (i.e. wanting to become a vet). Right, I’m going to make myself some New Year’s Resolutions and try and stick to them!

• Stick with the reading scheme we’ve chosen for The Ugs and not miss days for petty reasons
• Seek God’s will in everything; put his desires first before mine
• Talk with my family more about personal and spiritual things
• Talk to my friends about what matters most to me more (because if it means a lot to me, surely I’d want to talk about it a lot?)
• Don’t let anything get in the way of my goal of becoming a vet (if I can’t become a vet I have no idea what job I’ll want to do!)
• Stick to my resolutions: they may be tough but they’re what matter most

I thought I’d end this post with a verse from the Bible for 2010:

“Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable – if anything is excellent or praiseworthy – think about such things. Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me – put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you.”
(Philippians 4 v 8-9)

No comments:

Post a Comment