Thursday 2 December 2010

SnOMGosh!

So, do you remember yesterday when I said that I might not be able to get to school? Well, I was right. We had so much snow that the roads were actually covered and school was closed, the bus wasn't running, my dad didn't even bother trying to get to work after he had walked down the road to see just how snowy it was and, having passed only a few weeks ago, I was hardly going to drive anyway!


However, I did spend around two hours walking round my town, taking photos and getting a few odd looks! Nevertheless, I had fun being a photo nerd and I got a ton of photos. The snow looks so pretty and I thought I'd share some of my favourite photos from today with you!

This is the hill just by our house. My dad actually took this one while he was assessing the roads before deciding that it was just too dangerous to get to work!

This is the state of the High Street at midday. Still a slushy mess!
 Ok, so I got a bit over excited by icicles! I think most of the cars that had been used had developed icicles. I also saw a couple of boys climbing up the side of a building just to get a long icicle they'd seen!

 This just made me laugh. I expect this was just someone being lazy but I saw it as the shopping equivalent of abandoning a car!
I'm not even kidding, the local infant's school was still open!! At first I thought this was just a sign left up from yesterday or something but as I walked down the road and around the outside of the school I realised that there were actually kids playing out in the playground. I highly doubt they had to do any work but I think it's good to see that the infant's persevered!
At one place, the snow actually went above my boots. I regretted stepping in that bit later on seen as my trousers got a bit wet but still, that's deep for England!
 I started getting a bit arty here. If you want to use that as a Christmas card, well, that picture is mine! :)
I saw this scarf and it just made me laugh. How on earth do you lose your scarf in this weather?! Surely it's tightly wrapped around your neck.

Again, I was getting a bit arty. :)

 I just couldn't walk past this without taking a picture. It just looks so amazing and white and untouched! However, just next to the gate I was standing, there was a metal pole that was part of the gate or fence and from inside I could hear some kind of scrabbling. I think it must have been some kind of little creature stuck inside but apart from a very little hole quite high up, I have no idea how it would have got in. I tried clearing it a bit to find a way but I couldn't so I just had to walk away and leave it scrambling.
 Again, epic icicles and I also really liked the red against the white. Somehow the snow makes even the dirtiest road signs look lovely and clean!
 This is a massive field near my house and, while there were a few footprints down the side and a few bike tracks now covered over my fresh snow, it wasn't as touched as I expected. I was hoping there would be the remnants of kids making snowmen or something but I wasn't so lucky.
 A little further down my road and later in the day that the first picture but there were still mainly only 4x4s venturing out and, as you can see, still quite slushy.
 I had to take a photo of this. The sign has a little snow hat!
And finally, poor, unused and buried Noah. The other car you can see a bit of is my dad's car. He sort of cleared it in anticipation of going to work but he, obviously, never actually left!

No comments:

Post a Comment