Wednesday 1 December 2010

Err, Hi?

So, yeah, hi. Long time no blog. I'm sorry for not blogging properly over the last month and thank you to those of you who have stuck with me through November and managed to handle the big jump from intense BEDESO to the silent realm of NaNoWriMo quiet. I guess, firstly, a catch up. I mean a proper one, not just the little extra bit that I've taken to adding to the end of my blogs.

NaNoWriMo
Well, as you've probably gathered, I won!! Well, when I say I've won, I don't really like that term seen as I wasn't really competing against anyone but myself but basically I completed my full 50000 word quota. Apart from the amazing sense of achievement, I get to show off these:
 


And have a rather impressive graph to show you too!

Right, now I've bragged about all that, time for some more updates.

Stuff I've done
Well, contrary to what you might expect, I didn't spend the whole of November cooped up in my room typing my novel and I actually had a lot of other things to do as well. Besides having to keep up with school work, I also did my BMAT and got the results (which were OK, I think. Nothing amazing or worth bragging about but not terrible either.) and I'm still waiting patiently for any sort of response from my universities. Hopefully they'll get back to me soon because I'm getting fed up with waiting! Although, I did have a mock interview that didn't go too bad apart from me somehow ending up sounding a bit anti-animal rights in my attempt to shy away from the stereotypical 'I love animals, they're so fluffy wuffy and so cute!' viewpoint so I'll be keeping tabs on that, and make sure I express the right balance when/if I get an actual interview!
I've also had a couple of concerts with the jazz band, passed my driving test, (yay!) spent a Saturday meeting up with the Roothill gang in London and having an amazing day, making sure I still organise CU and turn up to youth club to help including sorting the craft where we made awesome little keyrings that are keys of hope from Pilgrim's Progress. I feel like I've had an epically busy month and I have no idea how I managed to complete NaNoWriMo on top of all of this but I did... somehow!

Driving
I know I've already mentioned this briefly but being able to drive is so awesome I can't just pass over it like that. The excitement and novelty of having that freedom is yet to wear off and, although I have to share a car with my mum, it's great to be able to get myself to places rather than having to rely on lifts all the time.
I don't know whether I've mentioned our little car before. She's an old Vauxhall Corsa called Noah. No, not after the guy with the massive boat, all the animals and the epic flood of judgemental proportions in the Bible. Noah after one of the daughters in Numbers (and again mentioned in Joshua) who ask to be given an inheritance in the Israelites' land as their lack of brothers would mean that their family would lose their land. They were given this land of course so that's one against the people who like to say that the Bible is sexist.

DFTBA awesomeness
Over the month of November, I have (just about) been keeping up with the many YouTube videos but the main awesome thing was the announcements of some new CDs out! Finally Charlie's album was given an actual release date (today actually!) and Alex Day also released an acoustic album. Me being the DFTBA records obsessive that I am had to order both of them and also took the opportunity to order Mike Lombardo's CD (which arrived with Alex's soup session and has been on repeat almost constantly to help me through NaNoWriMo) and I also ordered Expert which should be shipping with Charlie's 'This Is Me'. Well, that's enough fangirling.

Doctor Who
Well, November is a pretty quiet month in terms of Doctor Who news but, as with every Children in Need, a trailer for the Christmas special was released and to say I'm excited would be an understatement! I can't wait to see what Stephen Moffat has decided to do and to see just how awesomely he has combined Doctor Who and Scrooge.

Merlin
I was a bit sceptical when series three of Merlin started thinking the big opening was more like something for a finale but the rest of the series gradually got better and I'm now on tenterhooks as I wait eagerly for the very last episode. I still don't get how no one has noticed that Merlin is magical so I'm hoping Arthur will finally find out!

The weather
Now, the view outside my window just cannot be ignored. (Admittedly it's dark so it can't be seen amazingly well but it is still epic.) Compared to Canada, the snow levels may be pathetic but I looked out the front window earlier and the main road running past our house is totally covered with snow so, in my terms, that is a lot of snow! Of course, my school being the stubborn school that it is, refuses to close particularly easily and the roads have actually been pretty clear until this evening so I haven't really had any proper time off school (yet) but I have to admit there is something amazingly beautiful about a layer of untouched snow over everything. Then again, I have also now experienced driving in the snow and have decided that I really don't like it. However much I enjoy driving, feeling the wheels slip and the car slide slowly into the kerb when actually you just want to be stopping still is just a little disconcerting. However, I am obviously fine, as is Noah, and we shall just see what the roads are like tomorrow morning before I decide whether I'm driving to school or not.

Other
In other news: I bought a couple of new jumpers and failed to find new shoes; I have two new epic Doctor Who posters thanks to Matt and Josh; my phone has decided that it quite likes having odd moments where the screen turns upside-down and back to front or just plain doesn't work; I have a ton of nerdy DVDs to keep me occupied throughout the next few weeks thanks to Josh and my 'nerd-training'; oh, and THE GAME.

No comments:

Post a Comment