Tuesday 13 July 2010

When ‘stats’ and ‘awesome’ can be used in the same sentence...

I have just found the stats page on blogger and it is actually awesome. I can see how many people have visited my blog, when they visited my blog, which country they live in, and even whether they used a Mac or PC! I have spent a good ten minutes or so getting over excited about this and I felt I just had to share this with you. Seen as you lot (yes, you there, not you, you) are the ones creating these stats and actually visiting my blog enough times to create figures, you deserve to know that you are not alone in reading my random ramblings.

I know some of these statistics will be because of misdirection or appearing in odd Google searches (talking of which, please tell me if you find that I’m a Googlewhack) but it’s still amazing to see how the internet connects people. I even have a lone statistic from Bulgaria and I can tell you that the majority of my readers are Windows people.

The idea that I can get hold of all these statistics amazes me. I keep saying I want feedback and, although this isn’t as interactive, it sure is cool! I know these figures aren’t huge, but it blows my mind that anyone visits at all. I’m either very good at saying stuff that appears in search engine results or people genuinely find me interesting... let’s hope it’s the second one...

DFTBA, Te.. Wait... I don’t have to do that anymore! Bring on a new challenge!

No comments:

Post a Comment