Friday 21 May 2010

Doctor Who, Procrastination, and a very long comment...

I’m on study leave at the moment and, as any student knows, it is during this time that everything else becomes increasingly interesting. Yesterday I ended up mowing the lawn and, If you take a look at my twitter, you can see that I’ve got up to #17 for things to do instead of revision.


One of the things I’ve ended up doing is increasing my subscriptions on blogger and one of the posts I found was this: (here) a Doctor Who favourites list by a Youtuber I watch. As a rather passionate fan of Doctor Who, I decided to write her a comment. Although, when I say a comment, it pretty much ended up as a blog in its own right. So, I decided to share it on here. It might be an idea to read the original blog first but either way.....

I'm a diehard Moffat fan. I love all his episodes and honestly can't pick my favourite! My favourites get muddled around every time I re-watch all the episodes so basically my list of favourites depends on which Moffat episode I've watched most recently. But Blink is most definitely my favourite. Not only is the story line amazing, the stone angels terrifying, but it is also insanely quotable. (This is my timey whimey detector. It goes ding when there's stuff. It can also boil an egg at thirty paces whether you want it to or not come to think of it so I've learnt to stay away from hens. It's not pretty when they blow!)


The one issue I have with Moffat is his creation of River Song. I'm not exactly sure what it is but there's something about her that annoys me... a lot. If it wasn't for her, 'The Time of Angels' and 'Flesh and Stone' may have overtaken 'Blink' in my favourites list.


I'm afraid I'll have to disagree with you about Martha and Donna. Martha really annoyed me although my friend pointed out that we're quite like Martha: totally in love with the Doctor, wanting to travel the universe and totally unable to have him. So maybe that's why she annoyed me. Donna, on the other hand, was a refreshing break from the whole 'I'm in love with the Doctor' type of companion and gave episode opportunities that Rose and Martha didn’t give. And some epic quotes! (“We’re so not married!”)


Reading your blog and some of the comments has reminded me of some of the episodes I’d forgotten I love. I’d totally forgotten about ‘Father’s Day’ and poor Christopher Eccleston has been totally overshadowed by the awesome acting of David Tennant. Series 1 had some great episodes and I really hope that people don’t overlook Matt Smith’s episodes for the same reason: because they’re Tennantless.


Sorry this has been quite a long comment but (as you can tell) I’m a bit of a Doctor Who nut!


Thank you for this blog and your great videos on TARDIStacular :)



DFTBA, Terrie, I have not forgotten!

1 comment:

  1. Hey this blog is like so super, i love the background and you just love that drwho man like mad times. :P

    Have a fabulous saturday.. x

    ReplyDelete