Wednesday 21 April 2010

'Happy'

Are you happy now? Yeah, I’m pretty happy.
Have you got it all figured out? No, that would take a while. But I’m trying to figure everything out.
I hope you’re living large. Currently I’m living kind of medium.
Take another fool and break his heart. But what if he breaks mine?


Are you better now? A little better I guess. I’d be even better if you fed me sweets…
Everything you dreamed about? Not yet! I’ve still got to get through university and become a vet!
Someone rich and you’ll fall in love But money’s not everything.
But it’s not him you’re thinking of... Of course not. As I said, money’s not everything.


Take these memories Thank you.
Throw them all away oh, Ok.
So I can’t recall
the pain of yesterday
That’s a bit harsh. I know school can be a bore but still.


Take my broken core Apple core?
Far away from here Timbuktu!
But every place I go
I just want to disappear.
Magic invisibility cloak!


Are you happy now? No, you’ve just depressed me.
Have you got it all figured out? Definitely not. Apparently there’s even more that I don’t know and still need to figure out. Like where Timbuktu is…

I hope you’re living large. Obesity isn’t that great.
Take another fool and break his heart. I think that’s a bit mean and I’m still not convinced I’d break his before he’d break mine.

Are you better now? No, worse than before. Remember, you depressed me.
Everything you dreamed about? Dreams take time to develop. I’m still waiting.
Someone rich and you’ll fall in love What, with the money?
But it’s not him you’re thinking of Exactly, money!

But it’s not him you’re thinking of Ur… you just said that…

When did you lose your smile? Hey, what? I’ve lost my smile? You got any idea where I may have misplaced it?
I tried to be strong Six pack strong?
Lifting the veil I was
the fool all along
Define fool…

So much more complex Like a Rubik’s cube?
Carnal through and through That’s a bit harsh.
Kept your secrets buried deep “Elton, fetch a spade!”
But now I see right through you Yay! The cloak works!

I’m glad that I’ve escaped the wake of your destruction path Mauled by a digger would not be nice.
These scars, they’ll last forever but now I’m awake, so alive I’d be worried how you were singing if you weren’t alive. Although… ‘I love Brains’…

Are you happy now? A little happier. But only because I’m now ignoring your insults.
Have you got it all figured out? No, you’ve confused me even more.
I hope you’re living large I need to eat more cookies to fulfil this request.
Take another fool and break his heart Again, what if he breaks mine?

Are you better now? Vaguely. Well, not really. Although, my fault this time.
Everything you dreamed about? Nope. Dreams are easily crushed but then maybe the stuff that will happen that isn’t in my dream will be better than my actual dream.
Someone rich and you’ll fall in love Thinking of the money only isn’t the best way to go.
But it’s not him you’re thinking of Are you in my mind?

But it’s not him you’re thinking of… Déjà vu again...


DFTBA, Terrie, I have not forgotten!


NB:
This is the original song...


And Timbuktu is where that 'A' is:

No comments:

Post a Comment