Monday 19 April 2010

"So... Physics! Physics, eh? Physics! Phyyyysics! Physics, Physics, Physics, Physics, Physics Physics, Physics, Physics, Physics... I hope you're getting all this down!" [mark 2]

So my last blog under this title was a bit confuzzled and full of tiredness. I tried combining the Easter Camp blog I’d promised with Terrie’s challenge blog I owed her and my high tiredness levels sort of made it suck. However, Terrie was nice and has given me a pass on the premise that I rewrite this blog. So here I go...


If David Tennant was teaching me physics, there is no way that I would be getting everything written down. I have enough trouble taking good notes in lessons as it is. However, either David Tennant or the Doctor as my teacher would certainly bring my note taking levels to an all time low.

Exams are coming up and having the Doctor’s brains would certainly help. It’s impossible to remember everything I need to know and it feels like every time I fit a new bit of information into my head, a slightly older but equally important bit of old information falls out the back door. I’m not saying I’d use the TARDIS to cheat to find the answers, but a little bit more headspace would be great. A little extra room for all the A-levels and a little extra time to fit in work experience and this funny thing called life. Having a life is quite a foreign concept to many teachers but I’m guessing that wouldn’t be true if the Doctor was your teacher.

Imagine history lessons with the Doctor. It would take practical lessons to a whole new dimension. Learning about the Tudors wouldn’t mean watching historically inaccurate TV programs but it would be walking the floors of the court with Catherine of Aragon or playing croquet with Elizabeth I. (Although don’t get me started on the whole “no longer the... never mind” business.) Physics lessons would be going back to discuss theories of relativity with Isaac Newton and biology lessons would involve talking to Edward Jenner about his smallpox vaccination. Spanish, French and German lessons would all be totally redundant as the TARDIS could translate everything. Maths lessons would be visiting Einstein and English lessons would be visiting Shakespeare, Marlow, and Jane Austen.

Obviously, this is totally implausible and I’m going to have to struggle on through exams without the assistance of The Doctor. But girls can have dreams... eh, Terrie?

No comments:

Post a Comment