Friday 5 February 2010

Bits, bobs, and thingamajigs.

It’s usually the little things you come across in life that amuse me and make me happy. Little things like finding that you have enough change to buy something extra or finding that Matalan now sells £1 bags of sweets. Sometimes one of these little things is what can change a rubbish day into an alright day.

As I was walking down the road the other day, I noticed a van with “plants and tools hire” written on the side. I found this highly amusing. I mean, tools hire, fair enough, but how do you hire plants?! Last time I checked, plants were pretty permanent things that don’t appreciate constantly moving from one home to another. Besides, why would you hire a plant?

“Yes, I would like to hire a small fern.”

“Certainly sir, for how long do you wish to hire this plant?”

“Well, the plant is required for making my garden look good when my mother comes to visit so I’d like to hire it for six hours on Saturday.”

“Ok sir; please hold while we search our database for a free small plant.”

Really, what use is the opportunity to hire a plant?

Also, the other day I found a pair of white shoes. You’re probably thinking: ‘what’s so special about a pair of white shoes?’ Well my friend, white canvas shoes, a Sharpie pen and a bit of imagination makes for brilliantly unique shoes. For ages, I’ve wanted to have a pair of shoes that I could design myself but I could never find a pair that I liked at a decent price. However, I now have a unique pair of shoes with random Sharpie patterns all over them!
And for more randomness news... wait for me to post again! =)


Oh, and DFTBA, Terrie, I have not forgotten!

1 comment:

  1. okay so i realised earlier that when i promised to email you he link i forgot the amazingly minor detail that i don't have your email adress. i puzzled over this for most of the day and only just (and i can't belive it took me so long) realised i could attempt in some way to reach you via your blog. actually i have just realised you have a email adress on your home page so i'm probably wasting my time writing this as i'll email you anyways in a minute. that notwithstanding here is the website where you design the converse the closing date is tomorrow though so you'll have to design quick. love you and your blog loads.
    http://www.bankfashion.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Page_11251_12051_-1_hlight/designyourchucks.html_designyourchucks.css_Design%20Your%20Chucks%20-%20Bank%20Fashion%20UK
    ps. if that doesn't work type a combination of convers bank design and competition ino google and it should come up with the site

    ReplyDelete