Wednesday 29 May 2013

Spam-a-lot

In my embarrassingly long absence, I have had a rather large number of comments. Well, by large, I mean more than the odd one or two from friends that I know read my posts. Unfortunately, these haven't been wonderful new people who have discovered my blog hoping for me to post more. Instead these have be spam.

Most spam is just annoying. I don't want to look at your website, even if that link is genuine; what I want is constructive discussions and feedback. Nevertheless, before I have a tidy up and delete these comments boosting my comment numbers (probably reporting them for spam), I thought I'd share some of the funnier ones.

Some of the posts, like this one look like they might be genuine... but it just seems too stilted...
Good dаy! I could have sworn I've been to this website before but after browsing through some of the post I realized it's new to mе.
Anyhow, ӏ'm definitely delighted I found it and I'll be bοok-marking 
and checking back often!
 However, most of them it's just so obvious that they haven't read the post and that, in fact, they are probably a bot.
Write more, thats
all I have to say. Literally, it seems as though you relied on 
the video to make your point.
You definitely know what youre talking about, why waste your intelligence on 
just posting videos to your blog when you could
be giving us something enlightening to read?
This one was  posted on Settle ALL THE PLACES! Which, is most definitely not a video... But thank you bot for calling me intelligent... I think...

Ok, it felt like there were most spam post than this but the rest were much of the same, if anything duller. However, after a comment spring clean, I urge you to leave comments. I'd like to think actual intelligent comments will encourage me to blog more... I guess we'll have to wait and see!

3 comments:

  1. *is a human: takes post contents to heart and writes relatively relevant meta-comment*

    also, as you predicted, this actual comment does hereby encourage you (prod, poke) to blog more.

    and picking up on the cheese point (see, i even read the tags!): i vote cheddar. although the stronger blues are starting to grow on me. not literally grow on me, though - having cheese mould growing on me would be a bit gross.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well there was an episode of the Mighty Boosh where someone's head was made of cheese.

      Delete
  2. I get a lot of odd spam comments, more often these days it seems like people are actually able to get past the filter. Some of the things I have had in the form of Spam are interesting. From door salesmen to things which no man should have to read as a comment for their blog.

    ReplyDelete